Process optimization and reaching operational excellence
Let us help you reach operational excellence by optimizing the processes, encouraging executability and boosting productivity.
We perform services of holistic process engineering, whereby we help companies to reach new levels of operational excellence. We employ two methods for this purpose: lean management (or simply “lean”) and BMP – Business Process Management. We have also developed our own methodology for assessing the operations of business functions in the context of business optimization.
WHY PROCESS OPTIMIZATION?
Optimizing the business processes and encouraging operational excellence has been proved to bring about a higher level of productivity in individuals, teams and companies as a whole, as well as to result in employee and customer satisfaction.
Business optimization and standardization also results in an increase of product or service quality and added value. Here are the key advantages of process optimization:
- increasing productivity,
- removingbottlenecks and redundant processes,
- increasing the level of responsibility by assigning process owners,
- reducing errors and increasing quality,
- achieving better teamwork and business culture,
- acquiring a basis for introducing features of project management and business intelligence.
Process optimization is carried out on all core business functions. Cataloguing the processes also includes the “benchmark” analysis of business functions which helps us identify potential additional areas for optimization. Business functions optimization is carried out on the following business functions:
- The processes of creating value,
- PO (Project Office) / Operational Management / Department Management,
- Marketing and Digital Marketing,
- Human Resource Processes,
- Internal Knowledge Management.
The result of this effort is an assessment of the business functions with a process catalogue
and suggestions for achieving an even higher level of business functions professionalization and optimization of individual business processes.
THE PROCEDURE AND THE METHODOLOGY
Process optimization includes analytical efforts (analyzing the documents, benchmark analysis etc.), observing the workflow, interviewing individuals and groups as well as group workshops in the context of renovating and implementing the new processes.
We organize regular coordinational meetings, hold presentations of the findings, ensure gradual process implementation and determine the effects of the new processes using measurements and acquiring direct feedback.
The business processes are renewed in the following five steps:
- discovering or cataloguing the processes as they are,
- analyzing and “benchmarking” the processes,
- planning the new “to-be” processes,
- examining and confirming the new processes,
- finalizing the introduction and monitoring the introduction of new processes.
Based on the “lean” methodology, process optimization is carried out byfollowing these guidelines:
- ”Mura” – standardization and quality,
- ”Muri” – reducing time consumption, eliminating pauses,
- ”Muda” – elimination of redundant elements and losses, simplification,
- Kaizen – continuous improvement,
- cost reduction.
Documentation and other outputs of process optimization:
- process catalogue (with a scheme of the key processes),
- SOP – “Standard operating procedures” record
- control lists and indexes,
- visual reminders,
- the introduction of new technologies or functionalities to support the processes or automatization,
- RPA execution (“robotic process automation”) – carried out with the help of external contractors.
Achieving operational excellence and process optimization almost always requires the introduction of new tools to support the new processes, which in turn leads to increased productivity and innovation. Recommendations for tools follow from the analysis of the company and its processes. Some examples:
- Project Management – Jira / Confluence …
- Sales – Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive …
- Marketing – Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Databox …